Wednesday 20 October 2010

Free Samsung Wave Apps Chart (Week 42)

This week's top five free Samsung bada apps chart has a distinctive puzzle based theme and is well within my comfort zone. So onwards, upwards and across the tightrope we go -
  1. Gemstone Breaker - Verylook.com Corporation
  2. Magic Torch - Magic App's
  3. Piano - Uangel
  4. BBC NEWS AND SPORT - Samsung Mobile UK
  5. BadBalls - Artur Mazurek
So in at number one this week is a new entrant Gemstone Breaker from the Verylook.com Corporation (?). Without engaging in clone bashing, this is a nicely rendered bada-based take on "Bejeweled" which has players matching rows of three of the same colour to clear that row and get new gems to match up. Its a really addictive simple game, which I think is great for the odd train ride etc. The sound will get a little annoying after a while, and as the comments say, there are no high scores (although the game mentions them). I cant help but think the main menu icons might of been lifted from somewhere too - they look a little, Windowsy? Have you downloaded the app?


This week, I've also discovered another hidden gem in the name of  Tightrope Hero by GoodTeamStudio. Again, simple to pick up and the best use of a Tilt Sensor I've seen in ages. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not usually a big fan of "tilt" as a control mechanism, but in this case its totally appropriate - I found myself leaning with the Tightrope Walker, trying to get some extra momentum!. I do have one question though, why do I have to turn the phone to the left, whereas I usually have to turn it to the right? Are GoodTeamStudio based in Oz? ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't post spam. Its tiresome.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.